For our 14th anniversary I received a very cool Sony DCR-DVD810 video camera from Heidi. So I've been playing with it a bit and got a few seconds of good video talking to Andrew. Pretty standard "Dad with new camera" stuff but he manages to be pretty cute...
I'm very pleased with the camera. It is small and only has a few of those annoying Sony proprietary features. The thing I like about it is that it has a large amount of built in memory, takes a memory stick, and supports mini-DVD-R/RW disks. So you have a couple of ways to record and save. And you can move things from memory to the disk so you don't have to worry about downloading or such.
The other good thing is the image quality in low light. This video was shot at 8:20 at night with a half-dimmed ceiling fan light in our family room. Not bad.
I edited with Serif MoviePlus. I'm a growing fan of the Serif suite of tools as a cost effective alternative to Microsoft and Adobe. They don't dumb things down to the level that most mid-range tools do but they are not overly complex or "bloated" as MS or Adobe apps. At work I use PagePlus, WebPlus (www.xansys.org is done with it) and MoviePlus.
www.serif.com.
Sunday, June 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment